Nandalal Borgohain City College was established in 1992. The Department of Assamese was introduced from very beginning of the college. The department has been doing its responsibility towards the students with honesty and dignity. As assamese language is the mother tongue of Assam, from the very beginning the department of Assamese has been working for the upliftment of the students as well as the subject. The department always wishes to encourage the students and prepare the students according to the need of the time.
Aim and Objectives
- To develop the Assamese language literature and culture.
- To develop link for the subject among the students.
- To give a basic idea of periodical knowledge of history of Assamese literature and ethnic idea of Assamese culture.
- Try to formation and development of Assamese language, script and manuscript.
- To give a general concept and brief history of Assamese Poetry, Novel ,Drama, Short Story etc.
- To give a historic various elements, significances, characteristics, general knowledge of a language study, classification etc. of Assamese language.
- To compare Assamese literature with the help of Indian, Western literary concept and theories.
- To prepare students for competitive exams.
- To conduct seminars, conventions and literary discussion.
Mrs. Jyoti Borgohain, M.A. (Double)
Mrs. Sangeeta Buragohain, M.A., B.Music
Mrs. Tulika Dowerah, M.A.